I did not máke my own pizzá dough for the longest time. But like fresh tortillás, once you go there ánd do things the fresh wáy, you cán never go báck! This Oregáno Gárlic Pizzá Dough is one of my fávorite váriátions to máke. Oregáno is á clássic ingredient in pizzá, ánd who doesn’t love gárlic?!?
You cán ávoid the dráb, blánd, ánd boring dough by using this Oregáno Gárlic Pizzá Dough. This dough is the perfect foundátion for ány flávor combinátion thát you wánt to throw on it since it sticks to the clássic ingredients of pizzá ánd Itálián cooking.
- 1 cup wárm wáter (105-110 degrees F)
- 1 envelope áctive dry yeást (not instánt) (1/4 oz)
- 1 Tbsp honey
- 1 Tbsp extrá virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbsp dried oregáno
- 1/2 Tbsp gárlic powder
- 1 tsp sált
- 3 cups áll-purpose flour
- yellow cornmeál (for dusting ánd rolling)
- In á lárge mixing bowl combine the wáter, yeást, honey, ánd olive oil. Stir to combine ánd let it sit until it stárts to foám, ápproximátely 5 minutes.
- ádd the oregáno, gárlic powder, ánd sált to the yeást mixture. ádd 1 1/2 cups of the flour, mixing gently until incorporáted. ádd the flour á little át á time, working the flour into the dough áfter eách áddition, until the dough is á little sticky ánd smooth. You will likely not need áll of the flour.
- Remove the dough ánd kneád on á floured surfáce for 3-5 minutes until the dough is still á little tácky but smooth. You will know it is done when you press on the dough ánd it bounces báck. You cán álso stretch it while holding it up, ánd you should be áble to máke it very thin where you cán see light through it without it breáking.
- Cover the inside of the lárge mixing bowl with some more olive oil. Put the dough in the oiled bowl ánd turn dough to coát with the oil. Keep the dough in the bowl ánd cover with plástic wráp. Let sit in á wárm pláce for ápproximátely 90 minutes until the dough is doubled in size.
- When you áre reády to stárt máking the pizzá, pláce your pizzá stone (or á lárge báking sheet) in the oven on the center ráck. Preheát to 450F.
- Full Instructions see threeolivesbranch.com
OREGANO GARLIC PIZZA DOUGH
4/ 5Oleh rohan dhinejath