These Salisbury Steak Meatballs with Mushroom Gravy are classic comfort food. This incredibly delicious dinner recipe is ready in about 30 (very active) minutes!
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- For the Meatballs:
- 1 cup breadcrumbs, regular, Panko or GF
- 1/4 cup milk or water
- 1½ lb lean ground beef
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup diced onions
- ¼ cup (4 tbsp) ketchup
- 1 tablespoon dry mustard [See Note 1]
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce [see Note 2]
- 1 tsp Kosher salt
- 1 tsp ground black pepper
- For the gravy:
- 2 tbsp butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 8 oz cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 tbsp Worcestershire sauce [See Note 2]
- 1 cup unsalted beef broth
- 2 tbsp cornstarch [See Note 3]
- salt and ground black pepper, to taste
- Optional garnish
- chopped fresh parsley
- If you’re serving the meatballs with mashed potatoes, fill ámedium pot with water about 3/4 full and cover with átight-fitting lid. Heat this over high heat to bring to áboil. You want just enough water to cover the potatoes during cooking. While the water is heating, peel and dice the potatoes. Remember: Smaller potatoes cook faster thank large chunks. Add these to the pot even if the water is not boiling yet. Be sure to salt the water liberally.
- Meanwhile, into álarge bowl, add the hamburger, bread crumbs, milk (or water), egg, onions, ketchup, mustard powder, Worcestershire, salt, and ground black pepper. Mix well with your hands taking care not to compact or “squish” the meat – I use my fingertips. Compacting the meat during mixing leads to dense meatballs.
- Add two tablespoons of olive oil into álarge non-stick (Teflon coated) skillet set over medium-high heat.
- Full Instructions see kitchendreaming.com
salisbury steak meatballs with mushroom gravy
4/ 5Oleh rohan dhinejath