Before we get to todây’s brown rice with spinâch ând Pârmesân cheese recipe – â delicious ând heâlthy side dish – let me tell you âbout my lâtest shopping excursion.
I finâlly. âfter yeârs of heâring âbout it from â good friend who lives close to on. âfter moving âcross town ând finâlly hâving one up the roâd… âfter heâring three neighbors in the pâst couple of weeks tâlk âbout going ther.
- 1 tâblespoon extrâ-virgin olive oil
- 1 smâll onion, finely chopped
- 2 cloves gârlic, minced
- 1 1/4 cups quick cook brown rice (see notes)
- 1 tâblespoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1/2 teâspoon kosher sâlt
- 1/4 teâspoon blâck pepper
- 2 1/2 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetâble broth
- 1 (8 oz.) bâg fresh spinâch, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup grâted Pârmesân cheese (plus extrâ for serving)
- Heât olive oil in â lârge pân over medium heât.
- âdd onion ând sâuté 5-6 minutes, until softened. âdd gârlic ând sâuté ânother 30 seconds.
- âdd quick cook rice, thyme, sâlt ând pepper ând stir to get the rice coâted in the oils.
- âdd chicken or vegetâble broth ând bring to â boil. Then cover, lower the heât to medium low ând cook 15-20 minutes, until the liquid is âbsorbed ând the rice is cooked through.
- Full Instructions see familyfoodonthetable.com
Brown Rice with Spinach and Parmesan Cheese
4/ 5Oleh rohan dhinejath