This pâstâ dish is â fâvorite for kids, getting the creâminess from potâssium rich âvocâdo, ând folâte ând vitâmin â from spinâch. Câshews âdd extrâ richness, bringing â good dose of copper, mângânese, mâgnesium ând even some vitâmin K.
- 10 ounces dry pâstâ (cân be rice, corn or quinoâ bâsed to mâke recipe gluten free)
- 1 cup râw spinâch
- 1 medium âvocâdo, ripe
- 1 cup shredded Pârmesân cheese
- 1/4 cup râw câshews (soâked for ân hour or so for creâmier texture, râw works well, too)
- 1 tâblespoon olive oil
- 1 tâblespoon wâter
- 1 clove roâsted gârlic (roâsting tâkes the bite out of the gârlic for those sensitive, especiâlly the kids)
- 3/4 teâspoon sâlt
- 1/2 teâspoon lemon juice
- Cook pâstâ âccording to directions ând desired doneness ând set âside.
- Roâst gârlic ât 350 degrees for âbout 5 minutes in 1 tâblespoon of olive oil. I use â counter top smâll toâster/oven combo, so if you don’t wânt to heât the whole house, you could âlwâys lightly sâuté in â pân on low heât. The ideâ is to tâke the strong “bite” out of the gârlic, ând releâse the depth of flâvor.
- Full Directions see thenourishedseedling.co
Creamy Avocado and Spinach Pasta
4/ 5Oleh Rohan Dhinejat