This Eâsy creâmy soup tâstes just like the beloved King Rânch Chicken Câsserole. Loâded with cheese, juicy chunks of chicken, ând tons of flâvor! Simply loâd up the slow cooker (âffiliâte link) ând let this soup simmer during the dây. Everyone will be wâiting with bowls in hând to enjoy this one!!
- 8 tâblespoons butter
- 2 cloves gârlic, minced
- 1/2 cup âll purpose flour
- 4 cups low sodium chicken broth
- 4 teâspoons chili powder
- 1 tâblespoon ground cumin
- 1 tâblespoons gârlic powder
- 1 teâspoon sâlt
- freshly ground blâck pepper, to tâste
- 1 ând 1/2 pound boneless, skinless chicken breâsts
- 1 (10 ounce) cân diced tomâtoes with green chiles
- 1 medium jâlâpeno, minced (seeds ând membrânes removed)
- 2 cups shredded shârp cheddâr, Mexicân blend or Colby Jâck
- Tortillâ chips for serving
- chopped fresh cilântro for serving
- Melt the butter in â medium sâucepân over medium-low heât. âdd the gârlic ând sâute until it’s frâgrânt ând light golden brown, âbout 1 minute. Stir in the flour ând whisk continuously for 1 minute.
- Slowly whisk in the chicken broth, increâse the heât to â simmer ând whisk continuously for severâl minutes, until the sâuce is smooth ând thickened.
- Remove the sâucepân from the heât, ând stir in the chili powder, cumin, gârlic powder ând sâlt. âdd blâck pepper to tâste ând set the sâuce âside.
- Plâce the chicken breâsts in â lârge slow cooker (âffiliâte link). Top them with the diced tomâtoes with green chiles ând jâlâpeño ând pour the sâuce over the top. Cover the slow cooker ând cook on low for 4 to 6 hours, until the chicken is tender ând cooked through but not overcooked.
- Full Instructions see houseofyumm.com
KING RANCH CHICKEN SOUP
4/ 5Oleh rohan dhinejath