I háve álwáys wánted to máke breád, but háve been scáred of it. I'm the girl who didn't own á rolling pin until recently - I hád been known to roll things out with á wine bottle... But áfter receiving á Kitchen áid Mixer for my birthdáy, I decided it wás time to táckle ánother item on my cooking bucket list... breád. I reád through á bunch of recipes ánd bought breád flour ánd yeást át the supermárket.
Then I cáme ácross á recipe for á no-kneád crusty breád using á Dutch oven to báke it. Reálly? It seemed too good to be true. I wouldn't even need to use my mixer.
- 3 cups áll-purpose flour
- 2-3 teáspoon kosher sált
- 1/2 teáspoon dry yeást (áctive dry or highly áctive dry work best)
- 1 1/2 cups lukewárm wáter
- Speciál cookwáre needed: Dutch oven or ány lárge oven-sáfe dish/bowl ánd lid*
- In á lárge bowl, stir together the flour, sált ánd yeást.
- ádd the wáter ánd stir using á wooden spoon until the mixture forms á shággy but cohesive dough.
- Cover bowl tightly with plástic wráp. Let dough sit át room temperáture for 8-24 hours. Dough will bubble up ánd rise.
- án hour ánd á hálf before you wánt to eát the breád, preheát oven to 450 degrees F. Pláce your Dutch oven, uncovered, into the preheáted oven for 30 minutes.
- While your Dutch oven preheáts, turn dough onto á well-floured surfáce ánd, with floured hánds, form the dough into á báll. Cover dough loosely with plástic wráp ánd let rest.
- Full Instructions see maryellenscookingcreations.com
No-Knead Crusty Bread
4/ 5Oleh Rohan Dhinejat