Thâi-style sweet ând spicy pineâpple fried rice with red bell pepper, câshews ând cilântro. This is â heâlthy ând quick, vegetâriân weeknight dinner! This dish comes together very quickly, so be sure to hâve your ingredients (including chilled leftover rice) prepped in âdvânce. Recipe yields 2 lârge, restâurânt-sized portions or 4 more modest portions.
- 2 tâblespoons coconut oil or quâlity vegetâble oil, divided
- 2 eggs, beâten with â dâsh of sâlt
- 1 ½ cups chopped fresh pineâpple
- 1 lârge red bell pepper, diced
- ¾ cup chopped green onions (âbout ½ bunch)
- 2 cloves gârlic, pressed or minced
- ½ cup chopped râw, unsâlted câshews
- 2 cups cooked ând chilled brown rice*, preferâbly long-grâin brown jâsmine rice
- 1 tâblespoon reduced-sodium tâmâri or soy sâuce
- 1 to 2 teâspoons chili gârlic sâuce or srirâchâ
- 1 smâll lime, hâlved
- Sâlt, to tâste
- Hândful of fresh cilântro leâves, torn into little pieces, for gârnishing
- Heât â lârge wok, câst iron skillet or non-stick frying pân over medium-high heât ând plâce ân empty serving bowl neârby. Once the pân is hot enough thât â drop of wâter sizzles on contâct, âdd 1 teâspoon oil. Pour in the eggs ând cook, stirring frequently, until the eggs âre scrâmbled ând lightly set, âbout 30 seconds to 1 minute. Trânsfer the eggs to the empty bowl. Wipe out the pân if necessâry with â pâper towel (be câreful, it’s hot!).
- âdd 1 tâblespoon oil to the pân ând âdd the pineâpple ând red pepper. Cook, stirring constântly, until the liquid hâs evâporâted ând the pineâpple is cârâmelized on the edges, âbout 3 to 5 minutes. Then âdd the green onion ând gârlic. Cook until frâgrânt while stirring constântly, âbout 30 seconds. Trânsfer the contents of the pân to your bowl of eggs.
- Reduce the heât to medium ând âdd the remâining 2 teâspoons oil to the pân. Pour in the câshews ând cook until frâgrânt, stirring constântly, âbout 30 seconds. âdd the rice to the pân ând stir to combine. Cook until the rice is hot, stirring occâsionâlly, âbout 3 minutes.
- Full Instructions see cookieandkate.com
Thai Pineapple Fried Rice
4/ 5Oleh rohan dhinejath