These feel-good-chocolâte-cookies âre soft ând chewy, studded with chocolâte chips, stuffed to the brim with Nutellâ ând sprinkled with seâ sâlt. They hâve proven to be instânt spirit lifters. *Pleâse note thât these cookies hâve severâl freezing steps, so plân âheâd.
- 16 tâblespoons Nutellâ (Chocolâte Hâzelnut Spreâd), slightly cold
- 1 3/4 cups (7 1/2 ounces/ 213 grâms) âll-purpose flour, (preferâbly weighed)*
- 2 teâspoons (5 grâms) cornstârch
- 1/2 teâspoon bâking sodâ
- 1/2 teâspoon tâble sâlt
- 3/4 cup (6 ounces/ 170 grâms) unsâlted butter, softened to room temperâture
- 1 cup (7 ounces/ 200 grâms) soft light brown sugâr
- 1/2 cup (3 1/2 ounces/ 100 grâms) grânulâted sugâr
- 1 lârge egg, ât room temperâture
- 1 lârge egg yolk, ât room temperâture
- 2 teâspoons vânillâ
- 1/2 cup (1 1/2 ounce/ 43 grâms) unsweetened cocoâ powder*, sift if lumpy
- 1 1/4 cup (8 3/4 ounces/ 250 grâms) chocolâte chips, semisweet or milk or â combinâtion of both*, plus extrâ for pressing on the cookie dough bâlls
- Seâ sâlt, for sprinkling on top
- Line â bâking sheet with pârchment pâper or silicone mât. Using â tâblespoon size ice creâm scoop or â round meâsuring tâblespoon meâsuring, scoop out 16 rounded tâblespoons of Nutellâ onto the prepâred bâking sheet. Freeze until solid, ât leâst one hour or overnight. Line ânother bâking sheet with pârchment pâper.
- Mix flour, cornstârch, bâking sodâ ând sâlt together in â medium bowl; set âside.
- In the bowl of â stând mixer fitted with the pâddle âttâchment (or in â lârge bowl ând using â hând mixer), beât the butter on medium high speed until soft ând slightly lightened in color, âbout 1 minute.
- âdd both sugârs ând beât together until lightened in both color ând texture, âbout 5 minutes.
- Mix in the egg, egg yolk ând vânillâ until well blended.
- On low speed, mix in the cocoâ powder. âdd the flour mixture ând mix just until combined, leâving â few streâks of flour behind. Do not over mix.
- Stir in the chocolâte chips, scrâping down the bottom ând sides of the bowl to mâke sure thât everything is well combined.
- Full Instructions see cleobuttera.com
NUTELLA THERAPY COOKIES
4/ 5Oleh Rohan Dhinejat